Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dan Jackson's XDL Stunt Report


"Crazy" Dan Jackson is a LeoVince-sponsored stunt rider currently competing in the XDL stunt riding series. Visit his web site at www.teamxmx.com or follow Dan on Facebook.


The AZ heat was in full force this past weekend in Arizona for Round 2 of the XDL stop in Scottsdale.  The 100 degree temps had us cooking in the sun!  Typically I'm able to cool off in the TeamXMX rig and stay out of the heat, but this trip somewhere mid forest in the mountains of Arizona the transmission decided to go out. With 144 miles left in the trip we thought we were stranded with the bears.  This wasn't a place for me so after letting the transmission cool off, we were able to baby it in to the local RV dealership.  They were able to get us in first thing the next day.  Big ups to Sanderson Ford for the awesome service!  The RV in the shop really threw a curve ball into our trip.  All of the equipment gear bikes were now locked up in a dealership 40 miles away.  I was able to throw the needed items into my buddy Teach's rig so I could practice Wednesday and Thursday before the comp.  The RV wasn't going to be completed until Thursday afternoon.  Sometimes you don't realize how nice you have it until times like this!  I'm really grateful to have such great sponsors on board to help with my program.  The event was on Friday and Saturday in downtown Scottsdale during AZ bike week.  I was glad to have the RV back and able to relax knowing everything I needed was a few feet away.

During the comp the heat still got the best of me.  I wasn't used to the heat on Friday and made the mistake of not drinking enough fluids.  This caused me to become dehydrated and sick.  Had the biggest migraine ever!  After qualifying rounds I grabbed a big dinner and started drinking as much water as possible.  I wasn't going to make the same mistake and chase the heat exhaustion on Saturday.

In the final events on Saturday I was able to make 2 podium finishes in the Racing 905 Speed & Style and Wheelie Teach Wheelie race!  The racing 905 speed and style came down to the wire.  A photo finish between Redbull rider Aaron Colton and myself which had to be reviewed by the XDL video personal filming for Inside XDL TV show.  Aaron had 1/2 wheel lead on the freeze frame, but I still declared a rematch for the win.  It was hard to judge who was carrying more speed and crossed the finish line first.  The next frame we both were across the finish line and out of view.  I didn't realize he was going to give me a run for my money let alone win!  I'm def charging for the victory in Nashville!!!!  The Wheelie race had a similar finish and I was edged out by winner Nick Apex and had to settle for 3rd.  In FMF cup I decided to change up my tire choice and run a Michelin Pilot Road 2.  Breaking this tire in during the finals wasn't a smart move.  It cost me a few bobbles due to body english and I also flipped a stoppie trying to park up on the tall wall so I had to settle for a spot just outside the top 10.  There is plenty of time now between round 2 and round 3 to work on some new tricks.  The winter rust will be knocked off and I plan on being a top 3 contender for sure!!!    

Were off to St. Louis this weekend for the Monster Energy Supercross.  Look for us at Mile 277 Bar & Grill on Sunday as we will be peforming for their grand opening!!!  

Thanks for all the support!

Dan

XDL Results & Recap

Here is a quick list of results from our scottsdale event this past weekend! Congratulations to all of the winners and a huge “Thank You!” goes out to the city of Scottsdale and all of the fans there, we had a great time with you guys!

FMF Cup
1-Nick Brocha
2-Luke Emmons
3-Shinsuke Kinoshita
4-Bill Dixon
5-Alex Flores

Wheelie Teach Wheelie Race
1-Nick Brocha
2-Ernie Vigil
3-Dan Jackson

K&N Circle Challenge
1-Aaron Twite
2-Nick Brocha
3-Ernie Vigil

Racing 905 Speed and Style Showdown
1-Aaron Colton
2-Dan Jackson
3-Kris Higdon

Stuntride.com Sickest Trick
1-Lin Eshalom
2-Shinsuke Kinoshita
3-Bill Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment