Friday, April 8, 2011

Valeria's Blog - My Passion for Motorcycles

Valeria Mollo is spending a year in the United States learning about her family’s business and getting a first hand understanding of American racing and riding culture. She’s also polishing up her English skills, although as you will see, from time to time her native Italian can’t help but take over!
Valeria Mollo
This week I want to write about my obsession for bikes….

My family business is more than 56 years old and since I was young I was surrounded by motorbikes. My first bike was a Yamaha 50cc three wheeler. I was just 9 years old and I can't forget how much I crashed!!!

My dad bought me a Honda CRE 50cc dirt bike when I was 15. Every afternoon we were a group of friends who would go out riding our bikes! It was so fun!

At 19 years old I bought a Honda hornet 600cc for street riding. That was really my first contact with street bikes! I was undecided between this one and the Kawasaki Ninja 600. I tried both, and at the end I decided for naked, the most comfortable drive for street and city! Even if my heart was for the “real” street bike, from the beginning a naked bike was perfect!

I started driving around my place, on the beautiful Piedmontese Hills (north Italy), to the sea side, to the mountain of Corsica (France), and many other places.

Then I decided to do something different, something that you could express all of yourself, something which combines passion, power and concentration. I started to go on the race track! I had fun and I love it!

I went to the Franciacorta Circuit (Brescia, Italy), and to some tracks in France: Ales Circuit, where I touched for the first time the knee down, as well as Paoul Ricard and Le Castellet Circuit.

Then I decide I need a bike just for track day!

I bought a Honda CBR 600, and Bargy (a famous European graphic designer) customized my motorcycle! And my helmet too! I was ready for the next race track. I went in Ledenon circuit, France with all my new stuff! And it was amazing!!!

Now I am in America I have to experience the US race track! I went on a track day at Infineon Circuit, Ca and now I am planning to go to Laguna Seca Circuit and I am really excited!!!!

Obviously my passion for bikes makes me a lover of exhaust system; a good exhaust system gives you everything you need - more power, sound and feelings. (When I listen to a bike with an aggressive LeoVince pipe I feel like “...wow...”)


What I ride:

Honda CRE 50cc with Leovince V6 pipe.

Honda Hornet 600 – first I used the Leovince GP Style full system but then I changed to a GP Pro. Using the LeoVince laser technology I wrote my name on the pipe! What could be more custom?

CBR 600 with Corsa Full System Racing (Supersport pipe)

1 comment: